Sunday, November 13, 2011

What's involved?

I’m often asked how to go about planning a wardrobe of clothes that will fit in with lifestyle, seasons and budget. Now let me say here and now, I am no expert in this field. I can however speak from my own personal experience as well as from what a lot of other curvaceous women have said to me over time. After years of planning my own wardrobe I have arrived at a time when I know that whatever the occasion,  the outfit I choose will be the right one. I will feel good wearing it and when I feel good, I know I will look “good” (if not to others then most certainly to myself.) You can do the same. Take my word for it.

The first and second criteria - to fit in with lifestyle and to fit in with seasons are reasonably easy to work on;  the third - that of budget is perhaps the hardest, because what one person will have to spend on clothing will not be the same as another person’s spending power.    

With a bit of effort, and a bit of time, and a lot of enthusiasm, it is however possible to draw up a list of clothes that will fill all the requirements of the three categories - lifestyle, seasons and budget to fulfill every need you have in a practical and workable wardrobe.

I’m not one to chase trends and fads of fashion - of course if you have plenty of money then this isn’t a problem, but I’m speaking for the “ordinary” or “typical” woman;  the student;  the young Mum (with kids);  the older woman no longer working or with budgetary constraints, and the more senior lady who wants to dress up and look good regardless of the fact that she may be on a small pension and may not have purchased any new clothing for a number of years.

There are plenty of resources on the subject of “Classic Wardrobes” or “Preferred Wardrobes” for women who can afford to buy new clothing every season and every year, so we’ll not dwell on that particular aspect, but go straight into the how when, where, what and why of fashion for the rest of us.

First of all there's Lingerie - go thru to our special Pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment